Harvest Of Hope Food Pantry
Sacred Heart Church is one of several churches in our area that participate with Harvest of Hope Food Pantry.
The pantry is located at 4485 Wolfs Church Road,
York, PA 17408 and can be reached at (717) 792-6070.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus, Spring Grove
- Trinity Lutheran Codorus
- St. Paul's Lutheran, Spring Grove
- St. Peter Lechey's UCC, Spring Grove
- St. Paul Wolf's UCC, York
- St. Paul's Lutheran, Stoverstown
- St. Paul's Lutheran, Trinity, York
- Trinity Roth's UCC, Spring Grove
- Paradise Holtzschwamm ECC, Thomasville
- Paradise Lutheran, Thomasville
- Mt. Zion UCC, Spring Grove
- Good Shephard Lutheran Church York
Board Members: Lee Johnson & Mary Wivell
Volunteer Contact: Lee Johnson (717)
487-6031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may volunteer for service hours for school or Religious Education. We have a work day every couple of months, contact Lee if you are interested in helping.
Our collection months are May and November.
Current needs may be dropped off at the site or call Lee:
- hamburger, chicken or tuna helpers
- boxed rice & potatoes
- boxed macaroni & cheese
- boxed or bagged cereal
- canned tuna
- canned fruit
- canned soups - Chicken noodle or rice, Tomato, Vegetable beef
- canned vegetables - diced tomatoes, carrots, beets
- canned pasta
- baby food
- spaghetti sauce
- peanut butter
Collections: Over the years our Religious Education classes and parish family have collected many items to donate to Harvest of Hope Food Pantry!
- 2009: 738 items equivalent to 294 lbs.
- 2010: 900 lbs
- 2011: 957 lbs
1,258.2 lbs of food and $290.00
- 2013: 990.4 lbs
A big Thank You to all who donated!
A Food Pantry: Where needy families get food.
A Food Bank: Organization which collect funds & donations largely from business members where groups like Harvest of Hope can purchase food at reasonable prices.
Food Pantry Clearinghouse: Maintains information about local food pantries and take phone calls from needy families. They asses need and send families to a specific pantry where they may pick up groceries. Families may get food every 30 days.